Saturday, April 5, 2008

Poor North Carolina



Well tonight was a disappointing night for the Hess boys (and girls, I guess). UNC lost to Kansas tonight 84-66. I went out to dinner with my mom, sister Karlee, mother-in-law, Brady's grandma, and three of our neighbors. When we got back to where the boys were watching the game, the score was like 12-40 for Kansas. Maybe not that bad, but close. Anyways, they started to come back in the second half but just couldn't make it. Brady has been a huge fan of UNC since he was a little boy. So it was was sad for his team to lose (and it totally messed up his brackets). He didn't wear his NC attire tonight so I told him that was why they lost. Tyler Hansbrough got Associated Press Player of the Year so that was good. So anyways, now that North Carolina is out, who do we cheer for? Kansas or Memphis?

4 comments:

Veronica said...

I vote cheering for Kansas (that means my husband will win the ESPN bracket challenge for the Wolthuis group! My mom, Grandma Char, will be second...way to go grandma. Tell Brady we can't wait for next year's March Madness. I love this time of year.

Laurel said...

I felt so bad for you Saturday because of the loss. Your husband is pretty good though about not being out of control over sports *cough* brady mock *cough*. Sorry Brady better luck next year!

John and Brittney said...

My household was just as sad as yours. John loves UNC too. It's funny because he picked Kansas in his bracket but then was cheering against them the whole time. Who understands men!?!

Brandon, Emily and Chloe said...

Tough loss! It looks like March Madness has drawn to a close. (Whew!) Hopefully, the loss didn't spoil your weekend too much. I hope you had a blast and enjoyed the weekend!