Wednesday, July 9, 2008

No Sports? ? ?

Well I don't know how any of the rest of you girls feel out there, but I am loving the summer right now! Summer is fabulous anyways, but I am especially loving it right now because there are not five million sports games on right now! Most of you know that my cute husband is a sports addict. I am pretty much completely opposite when it come to WATCHING sports. Right now there is no football (college or NFL), there is no Basketball (college or NBA). Another thing that most of you know is that I didn't grow up watching many sports games. I watched some Jazz games but that was pretty much the extent of it. Before I met Brady I thought that the Superbowl was on Thanksgiving because that is the one and only time I had seen football on TV. So, after meeting Brady I was thrown right into it. Anyways, yesterday Brady turned on our television and was looking for something to watch. . . there was nothing that he was even remotely interested in. (We only have bunny ears right now, he is still trying to decide which company to go through) He was telling me about this and I was laughing because really he only watches sports and sometimes the history channel. I was just talking to him about how I am loving it right now because I don't have ANY sports to watch or to schedule in our weeks. I am just enjoying the time right now because I know as soon as August starts it will all start again.
Now, I do have to add that Brady has done as much as he can to make me try and like sports. He likes a football team with a hot quarterback (Tom Brady) so he uses that to get me to watch. (Yes, it work usually) He also has me to fantasy sports teams so that "I have someone to watch". So from the teams I have had, I have found a few teams I like to watch (actually just a few players). So, I have to say "GOOD JOB BRADY" for getting me to watch these sports. My favorites are Dwayne Wade or "D-Dub"(yay he is going to be playing in the olympics), Tom Brady (ohhh baby), BYU (pretty much any teams), and Tyler Hansbrough (this one is a must because Brady is crazy about NC and he is SO good). So, even though I am enjoying the short time off, I guess it might be fun (at first) to watch some sports again.
****I must add to this that I have made a deal with Brady in the past that if I watch sports with him, he has to watch E! channel and Style network with me. Ha ha ha he loves sports SO much that he agrees! What a sweet husband, right?!

5 comments:

Paige said...

I lucked out...Phil isn't that into watching sports. He likes the UFC fighting but he usually watches those with is friends. But when he plays PS3 for hours on end that's when I lose my mind. I HATE video games. Your a good wife for trying to enjoy what he enjoys. And it sounds like you have come up with a good solution. I like the E! channel too. :)

Laurel said...

Summer is great except we have channels that replay games 24/7 from the last few decades so make sure your husband doesn't find those stations once you get satelite or cable. You are a great wife and he is lucky to have you. I do have to say that I can't wait for football season! Co COUGS!

Gage and Missy!! said...

Ha Ha! I hate that there are no sports on! I love watching them, but I could totally see how they could get annoying. But Steph I have to tell you I love the new header! Also you need to update pictures of your house I want to to see how it looks all decorated!

Veronica said...

Steph, I didn't realize you didn't love watching sports. I know you attend every single game Brady plays in....you are totally dedicated. You are a good wife. You always support your husband. I have to admit that I can't wait for college football to start. We even changed from Dish to Direct TV so that we can have the Mountain network starting Aug. 17th....Go Cougars! PS Keep Brady watching STyle and E....it won't hurt him a bit....

MoRgAn! said...

HEHE, I love this post! It made me crack up the whole time! They only sport my husband insists on watching is golf.....basically the most boring sport(is it asport:-D) to watch. Well actually it's a little better because I like to play now! Anyways, I love the exchange sports for E! I LOVE E!